It’s hard to be away from loved ones, but an OFW endures the hardships of staying in another country, for the dream of building a better life for the family. Here are 10 reasons why you should thank the OFW in your life based on the Suntrust online ad “Tatay is Home”.
1. They are willing to sacrifice their own joy for your happiness.
Working 24/7 is hard enough. But having to work without family and friends to shield you from loneliness is even harder.
2. They will endure being far away to bring you a bright future.
3. Their wish is for your wish to be fulfilled.
4. They invest in your education.
5. They endure having to miss the important milestones in your life.
6. They eat on a budget so you could eat whatever you want.
OFWs choose not to be selective with food, just so they could send a bigger portion of their salary to the family. Most of the time, they opt to miss a meal, or just settle with whatever food is available, because every cent counts.
7. They toil day in and day out, to build you a better home.
8. Instead of buying clothes and material things, they spend it on you.
9. They sacrifice their health, so you could live life to the fullest.
10 . Love them, because someday, you will have to endure all the hardships for your own family.
Watch the video here: